Now that you know how to apply to IMDb’s External Reviews and bulk upload reviews into their database, its time to learn how to submit single reviews there as well. The bulk upload method is the easiest way to submit reviews into IMDb’s External Reviews but depending upon the size of your website, you might not need such a large function. A smaller one might do. That smaller process is easy and straight forward.
Here are the steps, from the beginning for the uninitiated:
1. Make sure you have oodles of film or TV show reviews published and easily found on your website (or wherever you had them published) before contacting IMDb.
2. Go here: IMDb/Help Desk.
3. Contact IMDb and ask to be allowed to submit External Reviews.
4. After you have been approved, log into IMDb with the log-in information supplied to you.
5. Go to a film or TV show page on IMDb where you want to submit a review.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Contribute to this page”. Click “Edit Page”.
IMDb, Contribute to the Page, External Reviews
7. Scroll down to where it says “Links to Other Sites”. The sixth entry down you will see “External Reviews”. Click “No Change”, scroll down and select “Add 1 item”.
IMDb, Links to other SItes, External Reviews
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click “Continue >>”.
9. Under “Action” then “URL” paste in the URL for your review. Under “Description”, type in your website, your handle, whatever you want to use to identify yourself on IMDb. If you need help, there are instructions above this section in yellow with all the information you need.
IMDb, External Reviews, Submission Page
10. Once your information has been input, click “Check these updates >>”.
11. Now you will be on a screen that tells you that “Your updates are ready to submit to our data-editors.”
IMDb, Submitting Updates, External Reviews
If the information you entered is correct, click “Submit these updates”. You will now see a message containing this:
Your updates have been sent to the IMDb data editors for review. If they’re approved, they will normally appear on the site within the next few weeks. For specific details about this and a more current estimate of processing times, check the processing times page. For questions on the submission process we recommend visiting the Contributors Help message board. There are also a number of helpful resources at our Contributors Zone.
12. An email will be sent to the email address you used to sign up for External Reviews informing you of your submission. The email will also contain a submission reference number.
That’s it. You’re done. Now you just have to wait for your review to appear.
Did you find this post helpful?