With the latest version of WordPress released – 3.0 codename Thelonious – movie bloggers will find a website back-end that has been sped up and lots of new features/tweaks. There have been some other upgrades as well, including WordPress’ default theme. We have a full listing of all the changes, tweaks, and upgrades below.
WordPress 3.0 “Thelonious” was named after one of the giants of American Jazz, Thelonius Monk. WordPress 3.0 is the thirteenth major release of WordPress and is the culmination of half a year’s work by 218 contributors.
The highlight reel of WordPress 3.0 Thelonious.
- WordPress and WordPress MU have merged, allowing the management of multiple sites (called Multisite) from one WordPress installation.
- New default theme “Twenty Ten” takes full advantage of the current features of WordPress.
- New custom menu management feature, allows creation of custom menus combining posts, pages, categories, tags, and links for use in theme menus or widgets.
- Custom header and background APIs.
- Contextual help text accessed under the Help tab of every screen in the WordPress administration.
- Ability to set the admin username and password during installation.
- Bulk updating of themes with an automatic maintenance mode during the process.
- Support for shortlinks.
- Improved Custom post types and custom taxonomies including hierarchical (category-style) support. (Try the Custom Post Type UI or GD Custom Posts And Taxonomies Tools plugins to see the possibilities.)
- A lighter admin color scheme to increase accessibility and put the focus more squarely on your content.
So what about you? Are you excited about the new WordPress release? Have you upgraded yet? I have. I love how the back-end navigates quicker and the new menu options for the front end. What are your thoughts on Thelonious? Share below.