In-Text Advertising, their Advertisers, and other make money online avenues and strategies are not easy to learn, especially when you have content to crank out on a daily basis. One movie website money making channel not discussed in How to Make Money with a Movie Website is In-Text Advertising.
In-text advertising is a form of contextual advertising where specific keywords within the text of a web-page are matched with advertising and/or related information units…in-text advertising places hyperlinks directly into the text of the webpage
In-Text Advertising, referenced on our Make Money page with Kontera, Vibrant, Text Link Ads, and Bidvertiser, can be another revenue stream for fiscally aspiring movie website owners. If leveraged properly and intuitively, it can be a great money maker for your movie website. Before we get into that, lets first explore the characteristics of In-Text Advertising.
Most in-text advertising has the following characteristics:
- The text associated with an advertisement is identified by a double-underline to differentiate it from regular hyperlinks.
- An in-page bubble containing advertising content appears when the cursor is positioned over the corresponding text.
- When the mouse is moved away from the double-underline hyperlink, the bubble disappears.
- If the reader is interested in learning more about the product being offered, he can simply click on the ad bubble to go to the advertiser’s site.
As the In-Text Advertising field has advanced and grown, so has the diversity of competitors in the field. In-Text Advertising options include the aforementioned Vibrant, Kontera, Text Link Ads, and Bidvertiser, to name a few. For any of the services, earning revenue is the primary concern for the movie website owner, next to how the ads look on their website.
In text advertising works on a cost per click (CPC) model, which means that each time a website visitor clicks on an In-Text ad, the websites owner gets paid by the advertiser.
In this series we will be discussing some of the more popular In-Text Advertising options, their notable attributes, and advantageous techniques to use with them.
Questions for discussion
- Are you currently using In-Text Advertising on your movie website? Which one are you using?
Please share below.