Creating a Giveaway Contest is a great reward for site visitors and a inducement that promotes more frequent visitation. Before you can give away anything though, first you need the DVD, Blu-ray, or prize to give away. You can either buy them, contact a film public relations firm and ask them to furnish you with copies or contact the movie studio directly and ask them to furnish you with the same. After you have the prizes for your giveaway:
- Decide on the goal of your giveaway. It sounds silly I know but it is not. What do you hope to accomplish by having a giveaway in the first place?
- State the Rules of the contest clearly.
- State How to enter the contest clearly.
- Since you are giving away something for free its not too much to ask for something non-monetary in return. The criteria for entering your Giveaway Contest could be anything from following you on Twitter, subscribing to your RSS Feed by Email, a link back (if the person entering the contest has a website), commenting on certain post(s), et cetera. You could have people submit a YouTube video, pictures of themselves, have a scavenger hunt through your website for certain information, whatever you can think of or desire. Or you could simply have them submit their name and mailing address to co[email protected] and that’s that.
- Advertise the contest aggressively over social networks, message board, emails, and forums. What is the point of running a Giveaway contest if no one knows about it?
- Always keep in mind: You will have to ship the prizes to the winners. That costs money for stamps, driving to the post office, and safe shipping materials (I suggest vanilla bubble wraps envelops).
Keep all of these criteria, goals, and requirements in mind when creating a Giveaway Contest on your Movie Website.
An example of a DVD giveaway: Precious: Based on Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire and The Stoning of Soraya M. DVDs